Error activating on Sharepoint 2013 Foundation

Apr 15, 2015 at 9:57 PM
Hi,
Installation of this seemed to go without a hitch, but when I came to activate the feature on the sharepoint site, I get the following error...

"A list, survey, discussion board, or document library with the specified title already exists in this Web site. Please choose another title."

How can I check to see what the conflict is? Also, If I look in SharePoint designer, there are no files in the 'PageLayuouts' folder.

Thanks
Dominic.
Feb 2, 2016 at 3:44 PM
I'm late to the party as usual but replying to save someone 10 minutes:

If you get this, you've probably already randomly selected a template and created a top level site containing something which conflicts with the contents of the feature. You need to create a top level site without selecting a template (custom tab > select template later). Open up the top level site and go straight to settings > manage features. (You can probably delete the top level site if you've only just created it - otherwise, if you're attempting to activate this feature on an existing production site, then definitely don't delete it! - you should probably look at migrating the content to a new site or something).

Hope this helps.